The End of the Russia Debate. (For Real, This Time)

Discussion in 'Lobnoye Mesto' started by AKarlin, Dec 15, 2013.

1. AKarlin

AKarlin Generalissimo Staff Member

I should have never allowed myself to be talked out of it in the first place.

The primary reasons are the same as before: Low activity rates, to the extent that genuine discussions are once again being overtaken by spam in terms of volume. This is in spite of substantially increased security measures since then.

But there are also some wider reasons, such my online presence being spread too thin by projects such as the forum. You have to prune these things from time to time. Inspired by the recent events at RIA, I feel it is time for a rationalization and consolidation of my own projects.

The forum will go offline as of the New Year.

THAT SAID, should another forumer or group of forumers wish to continue the forum, I will be happy to turn over the passwords and the forum software license for the common good. The only condition is that I will no longer be liable for the site’s active administration and paying hosting fees. If you are interested, please contact me and we will discuss this further.
  2. José Moreira

José Moreira High Commissar Staff Member

The other forumer is me.

I will take over from Anatoly from now on to keep The Russia Debate running. The forum is now running on my server.

I can not replace Anatoly as a content provider. I am just a guy who grew up in a house with many russian novels: I am (excessively) curious about Russia, but I have never been there and I don't speak a word of Russian. I am counting on you all to keep the place alive.

However, I am commited to keep the site running even if no one ever posts. Nothing is forever, but as long as I possibly can.

That's it, sorry for the downtime, let's keep talking.
    AKarlin likes this.
  3. Drutten

Drutten Collegiate Secretary (10th class)

Glad to see it up and running again. :) Yes, let's keep talking!
  4. Carlo

Carlo Ship Secretary (11th class)

I appreciate the effort of both of you, Anatoly and José! I hope that Anatoly will continue coming and posting on this forum.
  5. Patrick Armstrong

Patrick Armstrong Commissar

Thank you Jose for taking the effort to do this. It's an important service to the community.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  6. Mable Vladimirovna

Mable Vladimirovna Citizen

Good for you, glad to see it up again!