My Twitter "exchange" with Michael D. Weiss

Discussion in 'The Media and Russia' started by AKarlin, Aug 4, 2013.

1. AKarlin

AKarlin Generalissimo Staff Member

He is the neocon chief editor of The Interpreter Mag, aka the Khodorkovsky-funded version of The Russian Spectrum.

He likes Guantanamo but has a special soft place in his heart for those Islamists fighting Russia and Assad, like many others of his ideological ilk.

Anyhow, for your delectation. Here are the three conversation threads:
    For some reason, he appears to believe that "revealing" the letter I sent him (which was refused - though I was expecting it anyway) will somehow "discredit" me among my "Putinist chums."

Now while I don't normally divulge the details of personal correspondence, I feel no such obligation in this case as it has already been splattered all over Twitter anyway.

The letter in question was an entirely standard and courteous inquiry about whether he would be interested in cooperating with The Russian Spectrum so as to avoid duplicating translation work and swapping links. Yes he loathes my politics; the feeling is mutual. Nonetheless, one would think that if his aim was to truly promote Russian-language journalism in the Anglosphere, as per the stated mission of The Interpreter - as opposed to pushing the Institute of Menatep Russia editorial point of view - he would have acceded or at least expressed an interest in some form of cooperation.

Instead, he tried to present it as me asking favors of him; a notion that is patently ridiculous on its face.
  2. Alexander Mercouris

Alexander Mercouris Ship Secretary (11th class)

This is utterly, utterly hilarious and SO revealing.

The basic message is: If you are not 100% with us that means you are 100% against us and if you make an entirely civil proposal for mutual cooperation with us in a manner that is to the mutual benefit of both of us that merely exposes you as a "compromiser" and merely serves to give us a handle over you.

I notice that Weiss ridicules you for referring to people like him as "neo Bolsheviks". Nice of him to prove you right.
  3. AKarlin

And I've now been blocked by Weiss on Twitter LOL. Here is the full conversation for your further amusement:

[​IMG]Mark Adomanis‏ @MarkAdomanis
    "WE NEED TO INTERVENE IN SYRIA BECAUSE THE JIHADISTS ARE SAD" - actual foreign policy analysts

Reply to @MarkAdomanis
    1. [​IMG]michaeldweiss ‏@michaeldweiss1h
      @MarkAdomanis Who is saying that?

Details
    2. [​IMG]Russian Truth ‏@RussianTruth136m
      @MarkAdomanis @hannahgarrard Add @michaeldweiss to that list. Jihadists, AIPAC, Likudites, Bilderbergers. Sad days pic.twitter.com/JWrIANajN0

Details
    3. Sol Robinson ‏@SolJewEgg30m
      lolwut @RussianTruth1 @michaeldweiss @MarkAdomanis @hannahgarrard

Details
    4. [​IMG]michaeldweiss ‏@michaeldweiss28m
      @SolJewEgg Imbeciles of the world, unite!

Details
    5. Sol Robinson ‏@SolJewEgg28m
      Is russia ever going to stop being just a soul sucking abomination? @michaeldweiss

Details
    6. [​IMG]michaeldweiss ‏@michaeldweiss25m
      @SolJewEgg What's interesting to me is that Booz Allen keeps hiring accidents waiting to happen. Surely that is a conspiracy worth scrutiny.

Details
    7. Ager Talanker ‏@Karlsson11121m
      @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg Egg Jew answer is NO. A human life in Russia is cheap, history n tzars shaped them like it.

Details
    8. [​IMG]Anatoly Karlin ‏@akarlin8819m
      @michaeldweiss The same Booz Allen employee who demanded Russia send Snowden packing? http://darussophile.com/2013/06/25/mark-adomanis-do-as-us-officials-say-or-else/… @SolJewEgg

Details
    9. Ager Talanker ‏@Karlsson11117m
      @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg u must not forget its the same Guy that destroyed the gov of the only democratly elected president in d area incl

Details
    10. Ager Talanker ‏@Karlsson11115m
      @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg russian elections... Free election in Chechnya gave us a moderat Guy, hardline nowadays islamist like Udogov not

Details
    11. Ager Talanker ‏@Karlsson11115m
      @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg even 1-2 %. Putin radicalized chechnyas rebells w a brutal war as he Does n supports in Syr. He knows his acts.

Details
    12. [​IMG]michaeldweiss ‏@michaeldweiss12m
      @akarlin88 Anatoly, privyet. Unfortunately, we are still not seeking a content-sharing agreement. Feel free to apply again next year. Xoxo.

Details
    13. [​IMG]Anatoly Karlin ‏@akarlin887m
      @michaeldweiss Stop trolling or publish the email as you said you would. Go ahead - everyone is waiting with baited breath.

Details
    14. Nick Nipclose ‏@NickNipclose6m
      @Karlsson111 @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg There's no excuse for Chechen jihadism, they chose to support Islamist filth no one forced them.

Details
    15. Ager Talanker ‏@Karlsson1114m
      @NickNipclose @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg then u dont know ANYTHING about chechen history or russian imperialism. Read pre 19th century stuff

Details
    16. Sol Robinson ‏@SolJewEgg4m
      @NickNipclose @Karlsson111 @michaeldweiss Russia's brutal repression didn't help anyone

Details
    17. Ager Talanker ‏@Karlsson1113m
      @NickNipclose @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg it will help u get a grasp of what made that ppl so firm on the anti-russian path. Not much u can do

Details
    18. Nick Nipclose ‏@NickNipclose3m
      @Karlsson111 @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg I do actually I've studied the Caucasus for years, hell I know a few words of Chechen/Vainakh. 1/2

Details
    19. Ager Talanker ‏@Karlsson1112m
      @NickNipclose @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg 2 stop extremism if u go under what d chechens Did. After -96 they "won" war n elected a moderate

Details
    20. Ager Talanker ‏@Karlsson1112m
      @NickNipclose @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg but got re-invaded so of course the youth will be radicalized as is happening in Syr. Its as it is.

Details
    21. Nick Nipclose ‏@NickNipclose1m
      @Karlsson111 @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg Most groups oppressed by Russia obtained freedom without fanatic savagery chechens have no excuse2/2

Details
    22. [​IMG]Anatoly Karlin ‏@akarlin881m
      Oh noes @michaeldweiss BLOCKED me. wah wah wah. Whatever shall I do now?!? cc @MarkAdomanis @RussianTruth1 @SolJewEgg @hannahgarrard

Details
    23. Ager Talanker ‏@Karlsson1115s
      @NickNipclose @michaeldweiss @SolJewEgg which were those "groups"?! Dont tell me u gonna say azbj, armenia, Georgia etc.. U know d value of
  4. AKarlin

I see that he continues twisting the contents of the email I sent him in public.

https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/status/374025734203133952

1. [​IMG]Anatoly Karlin ‏@akarlin8828m
      Oh noes @michaeldweiss BLOCKED me. wah wah wah. Whatever shall I do now?!? cc @MarkAdomanis @RussianTruth1 @SolJewEgg @hannahgarrard

2. [​IMG]Sol Robinson ‏@SolJewEgg25m
      Lol russian propagandist. @akarlin88 @michaeldweiss @MarkAdomanis @RussianTruth1 @hannahgarrard

Details
    [​IMG]michaeldweiss‏@michaeldweiss
    @SolJewEgg Karlin is my aspiring professional partner. Hell hath no fury like a Putinist scorned.

He leaves me with no choice but to make the email public myself. Prepare for some entertaining reading on the blog on Wednesday! ;)
  5. AKarlin

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
    Alexander Mercouris likes this.
  6. Alexander Mercouris

Alexander Mercouris Ship Secretary (11th class)

As I have said many times about guys like Weiss, there's never any point in trying to meet them halfway since people like that take no prisoners. A simple suggestion for mutually beneficial cooperation is twisted into a propaganda point. As it happens I think this time the whole thing has backfired on him badly. Simply sending Weiss the proposal has therefore served a useful purpose by exposing what an utterly unreasonable man he is.