Learning Russian

Discussion in 'Samovar Teahouse' started by Valeria, May 15, 2013.

1. Valeria

Valeria Gubernial Secretary (12th class)

What are the best software programs to learn (polish) Russian? I'm using Transparent Language Russian and it's been great. I'm a little over beginner level, so beginner is fine, but the entire package (beginner, intermediate, advanced) would be nice too. Any ideas?
  2. Moscow Exile

Moscow Exile Ship Secretary (11th class)

You might find the contents of this useful.
  3. Valeria

Didn't like it. It's an okay download but I was looking for something I could buy and download. Thank you for the help.
  4. Valeria

For others, here are some tips. A good learning Russian program combines visuals, sound and writing. It shouldn't be cheap but not too expensive either. Here are some links.

An electronic translator to carry with (be careful with batteries and features available!) ---> http://electronic-translator-review.toptenreviews.com/
    Reviews about Russian software available (doesn't include Pimsleur, which I find odd) ---> http://learn-russian-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

I disagree with the #1 vs. #2 places awarded in that link. #1 should be Transparent Language Russian and #2 should be Rosetta Stone.

*UPDATE*

I stopped using Rosetta Stone due to laziness and my transparent language interactive lessons was awesome, but I lost it and it hasn't been found yet. I am now using a "Russian Conversation Guide which includes dictionary" (it's from the brand Lonely Planet) and it is helping me much more.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013