Hello

Discussion in 'Samovar Teahouse' started by Sky Fisher, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Sky Fisher

Sky Fisher Collegiate Registrar (14th class)

I'm from Cape Cod, Mass. I'm an independent legal researcher. I've always been interested in Russian history and culture and I've been enjoying reading the discussions on this site. I recognize some of the members here from some of my other favorite sites ! I've been learning a lot from all of you.

I can read and write Russian a little, but I still use the dictionary far too much. Eventually I will get better.
  2. Hero of Crappy Town

Hero of Crappy Town Collegiate Registrar (14th class)

Hi. Indeed there's Armstrong, Karlin, Mercouris. Probably a few other names I haven't noticed yet, and surely more to come.
  3. Sky Fisher

Sky Fisher Collegiate Registrar (14th class)

And you as well ! I've been reading Crappy Town for a couple of years now. Excellent site. My views on political philosophy are very much like yours, and history is one of my favorite subjects. I found both Crappy Town and A Karlin through links from Kremlin Stooge ( and I can't recall how I found that site ). It's quite a community.
  4. MarkPavelovich

MarkPavelovich Commissar

Hi, Sky Fisher; I am Mark Chapman, AKA The Kremlin Stooge. Nice to meet you, and I'm glad to know you are a reader.
  5. Hero of Crappy Town

Hero of Crappy Town Collegiate Registrar (14th class)

Hey Mark, I was surprised you were absent from the party, but now I see you really aren't!
  6. Valeria

Valeria Gubernial Secretary (12th class)

Greetings! Welcome to Russia Debate. Use and keep a "Russian Conversation Guide which includes dictionary" with you at all times. It helps to learn Russian quicker apparently.