Forum news and maintenance

Discussion in 'Lobnoye Mesto' started by José Moreira, Jan 30, 2014.

1. José Moreira

José Moreira High Commissar Staff Member

I have created a twitter account for the forum: @RussiaDebate

I will be tweeting links to ongoing threads or posts of particular interest. My goals are to raise awareness of the forum and to bring in new visitors and contributors.
  2. José Moreira

I installed a new addon that allows inserting Rutube videos. I hope I haven't broken anything! :)

Testing to see if YouTube still works:

3. José Moreira

There was a problem with the renewal/transfer of the russiadebate.com domain name to me and the forum was inaccessible for a while. I'm sorry about that.
  4. Carlo

Carlo Ship Secretary (11th class)

Good to see it back. I was afraid it wouldn't return again.
  5. Drutten

Drutten Collegiate Secretary (10th class)

Same here. And I am ashamed to admit that once it got back up and things were settled, I kinda let it go anyway.

I want this place to be more active, I really do. Let's figure out how to achieve this, ok? Because as much as I love the Russia watcher blog comment sections I frequent, the forum format is hard to beat in terms of accessibility and flexibility, and this place is available, tailored for this very topic and already packs a whole lot of good material.
  6. Carlo

Carlo Ship Secretary (11th class)

Great to see you back, Drutten! We've just had another Russian-Swedish incident, when the Russian air force intercepted a Swedish ELINT plane in the Baltics. I wish more people in your country realized the mistake and dangers of this "virtual" NATO membership.
    By the way, does anybody know anything about Karlin? Darussophile is not updated for almost 5 months now, and his Twitter account is inactive.