FEMEN

Discussion in 'The Near Abroad' started by Moscow Exile, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Moscow Exile

Moscow Exile Ship Secretary (11th class)

In today's UK Independent, the man who organized FEMEN revealed: "The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts"

The dirty dog who allegedly organizes cunning stunts performed by stunning ***** is a certain Viktor Svyatskii, who recently was severely beaten in Kiev, allegedly by members of "special services".

See: "Спецслужбы зверски избили политолога FEMEN" (Special Forces Brutally Beat FEMEN Political Ideologue), which article is from "Українська правда", a Ukrainian blog, but written in Russian.

The article says that: "On July 24th, the eve of the official visit to Kiev of FEMEN's old enemies President Vladimir Putin, the Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Kirill Gundyaev, as well as the President of Belarus, Alexander Lukashenko, on the 1025th anniversary of the Baptism of Russia", the FEMEN offfices in Kiev were entered by not only members of the Ukraine Security Service (Sluzhba Bezpeky Ukrayiny - SBU), but also by those of the Russian FSB as well as those of the KGB (!). In the offices, claims the article, members of these security forces beat one of the "ideologues" of the FEMEN "movement", Viktor Svyatskii, who, as a result, suffered a broken jaw, lost some teeth and a lot of blood and had to be hospitalized.

The article states that FEMEN consider the beating to be "attempted murder" and lays the blame on "post-Soviet dictators" because of that organization's intention to interfere "with the upcoming post-Soviet dictators' mass celebrations on the anniversary of the baptism Russia":

"The women's movement FEMEN is convinced that today's attempted murder of a political ideologue who is close to the organization was quite simply an act of intimidation undertaken by activists of a politically bandit-state on the eve of a holy gathering of post-Soviet dictators, led by a member of the KGB wearing a cassock."

By the way, for the likes of those, such as Kasparov, Tatchell, Alekseev, Tin-Tin of the Guardian etc. etc., who are fond of saying that Russian cops beat protesters "to a pulp", the pictures in the above linked Svyatskii article show a man who, in my opinion, has been "beaten to a pulp".

For "before" and "after" shots of Svyatskii, see here.
  2. Alexander Mercouris

Alexander Mercouris Ship Secretary (11th class)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    Philip Owen likes this.
  3. owenpolley

owenpolley Gubernial Secretary (12th class)

It makes a lot of sense that this group was devised by a man. Their protests never seemed to feature many hirsute, overweight feminists (judging from the coverage).
    Carlo likes this.
  4. Moscow Exile

Like her below?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Angela Dworkin, 1946-2005
  5. owenpolley

owenpolley Gubernial Secretary (12th class)

Precisely so.
  6. MarkPavelovich

MarkPavelovich Commissar

7. Moscow Exile

To tell you the truth, I used to feel quite sorry for Dworkin. She was obviously obsessed about "women's issues", but if what she says happened to her at the hands of the New York Police was true, I can understand the psychological trauma that she suffered and its consequences. She claimed that after having been arrested at a demo in NY (I don't think it was about feminism but was an anti-Vietnam war event), she underwent a brutal ""internal" exam at a police station - just checking for drugs sort of thing - which was clearly intended to demean her. And then after that she ended up marrying some kind of sadistic freak who sexually abused her.

She was rather unattractive in her feminist years and, in my opinion, "had let herself go", in that she was grossly overweight. It seemed to me that this was all part of her denial of her sexuality and an attempt to make herself repulsive to men, who, according to her, were all potential rapists.

As regards her physical unattractiveness, I'm pretty sure that if she'd taken care of her appearance she would have been a "normal" woman, got married, had kids etc. She wasn't a lesbian, although she was often described as a "man-hater". Her obsessive nature, I think, was also tied up with the fact that she was Jewish: I think she had a persecution complex about this and because life had treated her so badly, or so she seemed to think.
    Alexander Mercouris likes this.